Ever since the first time I read the words out of a National Geographic magazine, I have loved to read. I believe the most important thing you ever learn in this life is to read, because through reading you can learn anything else there is to know.
As an avid reader, our home library is quite large. It grows daily (especially when I am shopping for new curriculum). I even added five books to the collection this afternoon!
We have a lot of favorites in various genres. Today, I'd like to share with you my children's favorite list of picture books. We made this list together for the readers of Texas Homemaking. You may have read some of these, while others maybe be unknown. These are all wonderful reads, I promise!
Do you have any favorites you'd like to add? If so, please share in the comment section!
The Norris Boys' Favorite Children's Picture Books List
- Good Night Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- Hedgie Blasts Off by Jan Brett
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sandek
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
- A Children's Anthology of Poetry edited by Elizabeth Sword
- How much is a Million? by David Swartz
- Strega Nona by Tomie de Paola
- Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
- Lowly Worm's Story Book by Richard Scarry
- Library Mouse by Daniel Kirk
- Leo the Late Bloomer by Robert Kraus
- The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
- Go! Dog, Go! by Dr. Seuss
- The Jolly Postman by Janet and Allan Ahlberg
- Bear Snores On by Kharma Wilson
- Icarus at the Edge of Time by Brian Greene
- The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne
- The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter
- The Berenstain Bears series
- D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths
Post a Comment