Our most recent trip took my husband and I to the quaint Texas town of Fredericksburg. Known for its wineries and music, Fredericksburg offers regional shopping, great eateries, a plethora of Bed & Breakfasts, and museums. Some of our favorites include:
- Hondo's - Great bar food at reasonable prices coupled with live music.
- Vinny's Italian Grill and Pizzeria - Hand's down one of the best pizza places I've ever eaten at - I put it on the scale with Gino's East in Chicago.
- Town Creek Bed & Breakfast - Nice and quiet, plus a delicious gourmet breakfast.
- The National Pacific War Museum - An amazing tribute to those whom served our country.
- The Japanese Garden of Peace - While adjacent to the museum, it is a little hidden, but worth discovering.
- Admiral Nimitz's homestead - This is located off of main and has been converted into a shop. My husband enjoyed visiting the Admiral's home since he served on the ship named for him.