Our most recent trip took my husband and I to the quaint Texas town of Fredericksburg. Known for its wineries and music, Fredericksburg offers regional shopping, great eateries, a plethora of Bed & Breakfasts, and museums. Some of our favorites include:
- Hondo's - Great bar food at reasonable prices coupled with live music.
- Vinny's Italian Grill and Pizzeria - Hand's down one of the best pizza places I've ever eaten at - I put it on the scale with Gino's East in Chicago.
- Town Creek Bed & Breakfast - Nice and quiet, plus a delicious gourmet breakfast.
- The National Pacific War Museum - An amazing tribute to those whom served our country.
- The Japanese Garden of Peace - While adjacent to the museum, it is a little hidden, but worth discovering.
- Admiral Nimitz's homestead - This is located off of main and has been converted into a shop. My husband enjoyed visiting the Admiral's home since he served on the ship named for him.
It was an amazingly scenic area. Texas Parks and Wildlife keep the trails cleared. They have also labeled many of the plant species for those whom may need more guidance. There is a small fee associated with visiting the park, but if you have a Texas Park Pass your fee is waived.
The tunnel was neat to behold. One could even tell where the railroad tracks used to run. There is something oddly beautiful about an empty tunnel, but yet, I guess it is not always empty.
I wanna go!ReplyDelete