Texans sure know how to celebrate Spring! I've shared some of my favorite festivals throughout the state. We will be attending a few of these this year and I hope your family enjoys them as much as we do!
If you go, take pictures and share them with me! I'd love to see what you thought made a festival unique or special.
March 23 - April 8, 2012 Tyler Azalea Trail
- The trail invites visitors to view over 8 miles of beautiful azaleas, dogwoods, wisteria, and tulips. With a full schedule of events to participate in including a historical home tour, arts and craft show, blues festival, and much more. Estimated attendees - 25,000
March 24 - April 8, 2012 Dogwood Trails Festival
- Arts & Crafts, Kids Zone, Live Entertainment, parade 10am theme: Peace, Love & Dogwoods. Gate charge $1, kids 12 & under free. Estimated attendees - 15,000
April 7 - April 21, 2012 WildflowerCelebration
- The 12th annual celebrations will be held at Wildseed Farms where visitors can frolic in the Meadows or experience the butterfly gardens. Adults can enjoy the Biergarten. Estimated attendees - 15,000
April 19 - April 29, 2012 Fiesta San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
- 100 events, 11 days, 1 Fiesta! Incredible to much to list! Estimated attendees - over 3 Million (you definitely want to have plans before going!)
April 20 - April 22, 2012 Texas SandFest
Port Aransas, Texas
- It has become the largest Master Sand Sculpting Competition in the US!!!! SandFest is spread over three days, with a solo and a duo master's contest and one day with over 200 amateur sculptors. Estimated attendees - 100,000 Free to Public.
April 27 -April 28, 2012 General Sam Houston Folk Festival
- 25th annual life-skill demonstrations, authentic 19th-century dress, continuous entertainment, hands-on children’s activities. Estimated attendees - 10,000
Post a Comment