In Texas, when the weather starts to bring 90 degree days and the images of playing on the lake trickle through your mind, you know its summer. What better way to kick off summer than to start it with a fun, kid-friendly list!
Please feel free to add to the one I've started!
balloon launcher, and water guns!
2. Visit an art museum and replicate your favorite piece when you return
3. Join a library summer reading program
4. Take a nature walk and bring along a camera to document your trip
5. Enjoy a snow cone or make your own frozen treats
6. Catch lightening bugs for outdoor dining (remember to let them go!)
7. Attend Vacation Bible School
8. Visit a Drive-In Movie theatre or participate in Regal Cinemas'
Summer Movie Express
9. Pick your own produce
10. Visit a State Park
11. Make lava lamps, gak and oobleck!
12. Have a stargazing party
13. Write a song about your pet
14. Go fishing!
15. Have a family camp out
16. Visit an observatory
17. Float a river
18. Have a tea party
19. Go to a baseball game
20. Break out the old-fashioned games (checkers, chess, dominoes)
21. Create a compost bin
22. Try a water sport (skiing, wake boarding, tubing, knee boarding)
23. Explore a cave
24. Burn fire ants with a magnifying glass ( my husband's suggestion)
25. Join the Texas Nature Challenge
26. Venture out letterboxing or geocacheing
27. Sharpen your picking skills at garage sales
28. Catch a play at the Texas Shakespeare Festival
29. Go to your family reunion and meet new cousins
30. Chase hot air balloons at the Great Texas Balloon Race
31. Make a mud pie kitchen!
32. Teach the children how to make their own paper