In addition to our daily reading of Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol, the boys and I also read one other book from the Christmas tub each night. It has taken several years to build up our Christmas collection and it seems each year a story is culled and a new one takes its place.
If you would like to build a collection this year or add to your current one, please consider adding a few of these beloved titles:
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsberg
- The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear by Stan & Jan Berenstain
- Hanukkah, A Counting Book by Emily Sper
- The Jolly Christmas Postman by Janet & Allan Ahlberg
- The Friendly Beasts, an old English Christmas Carol by Tomie dePaola
- Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Karma Wilson
- The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore
- The Christmas Story by Jane Werner Watson
- Home for Christmas by Jan Brett
What are some of your family's favorite Christmas or holiday stories?